Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Because LJ is down. And New Year

I hate this place, but I will use it when Livejournal isn't working. Like it isn't working now. I can get to my own journal but I can't get to my friends page. I can't get to anyone's profile which sucks. Chris and I have really been loving Sims 3. I have pretty much finished Thanatos's house. I even uploaded the first version to the exchange. I left the original wall colors because it has such a neat gradient the original architect made. I admire that guy. Too bad he hasn't played since 2009. I have started a new game in Moonlight Falls. I am in the process of placing buildings, Sims and kicking out the local town's folk. I want as few supernaturals in this as possible, though I have a few of my Sims set as magic casters. I will turn off everything except witches and set the moon to one phase as before. I'm not ready to play with all supernatural characters yet. And the Zombies just suck even if you don't have a garden. I will make a video and take still pics of the house I built because it just rocks.

Yes, so today's Jan 1st. Happy New Year. I need five new calendars. That will be expensive. I'll have to buy a few at a time. I already made the list of which ones I want. I narrowed it down which was not easy. I love calendars and I found some with really nice art and themes for this year.

Last night an Eastern Phoebe got into our front patio. I don't know how or why that happened. But it was to dark to let him go, so I caught him and put him in Seep Seep's cage. I put Seep Seep in with Abigail and Cinnamon Bun. I got pics of him I'll share when LJ comes back. I also got video. I just let him go this morning. It was so neat that this was an aggressive birds. I love aggressive birds that fight back. I don't have to worry about them dying of fright. He made cool snapping sounds with his beak but it's all a bluff because they can't bit hard. They have long thin bills for catching insects.

I got one of my nepenthes in the mail yesterday. One of Chris's Christmas gifts. It's the N. lowii x campanulata. I fell in love with it as soon as I pulled it out of the box. Definitely one of the coolest neps in my collection. I will get pics of that soon too. I think it will love the lowland conditions, once those conditions return with our normal heat. I have noticed the days are getting longer! The rainbows are returning to my window. I have a crystal in the big kitchen window and a few rainbows are forming. Gah, I'm already behind on stuff. I need to upload my Christmas videos to youtube. I am determined to meet most of my goals this year. Twelve months should be more than enough time. Ok I think that's it for now. Man I miss LJ. Oh, got to get used to writing 2013 and 13 now. Hey, but 13 is always lucky for me so I'm expecting good things this year.

EDIT: Hey I found where to edit colors. I wonder if I can get a header image? This looks much better now though not perfect. And though I like most of the colors here it's still rather bland.

4 comments:

Silvolf said...

That's cool about the bird you caught! This site isn't as easy to reply to as LJ cos on LJ you can see the journal entry when you reply but you can't here which sucks. I like to look back at the entry while I reply in case I forget to respond to something. I like 13 too, its silly people make a fuss over it.

Thagirion said...

To Silvolf:
UGH, yeah the reply thing sucks. I miss LJ, I wish they'd hurry up and fix it. I miss having icons to show my mood too. Yes, I totally like looking at the original post too, especially if it is a long post. I like that you respond to all the topics in a post. This does make it much harder. It's like you have to memorize what was said which is annoying. And I can't reply directly to you so I put that "To Silvolf" so if someone else responds they aren't confused who I'm talking to.

Yeah, it's superstition. That's why I've adopted it as one of my favorite numbers. I'm not afraid of it.

Cheezey said...

That's cool about the bird. Looking forward to the pictures of it.

What do you think of Moonlight Falls so far? I like the look of the area, but I'm not crazy about how some of the buildings were done. The garden with the arboretum is pretty, though, and I like how many plants and collectibles spawn there. It looks very pretty in winter.

I must be lucky with LJ as I haven't had a problem loading it today. That sucks that you are. I hope you're able to get back on it soon.

Thagirion said...

To Cheezey:
I can get into LJ. I will make an update there tomorrow. I hope it stays because it's come back and gone down again. Lots of people have been having problems with it.

I like Moonlight Falls so far. I just finished adding all my sims and some buildings to it and started my new game tonight. I do like the town a lot. Reminds me of New England and it makes me think of Cope's home town. I put butterfly, seed and rock spawners in my mansion. It's so funny to find seeds on the floor indoors hee hee. Love that debug code.

I'm glad your LJ has worked for you.